Sunday, September 06, 2015

Week #41 - 2015 Aug 31 - I'm Walking On Sunshine, Whoaaa-ooa

HEY! 

THIS WAS THE BEST WEEK EVEEEERRRR. Well one of them anyway. It's just been the most amazing week that I've had in A LOOONNNGGGG time. And it felt so good. Oh my goodness. I don't even know where to start. 

Basically, it all started on Wednesday. We had zone training so we had to be in Wilmington at 8:15am. And it's an hour and a half drive (approx.) so we had to leave at like 7 in the morning. We woke up at 5am that day. The meeting was alright. Ha Sister Park and I had to teach and we were humbled hard core. We were asked to do the same training we did for CMLC a couple weeks ago and so we're like oh we got this. We prepared for it..but I guess we didn't prepare enough. And then pride got in the way and we were like...ain't nobody got nothin on us. And then we got up there and everything just kinda exploded....yeah it was awkward. But! We decided that we were just going to testify after the roleplays and that brought the spirit. So hopefully we cleaned up the mess with our testimonies. But we learned our lesson! Next time, whether we've taught it once or not, we're going to prepare FULLY for all the trainings that we're asked to do! It's funny how the Lord teaches you things sometimes. Ha. Anyway, we had leave the meeting like 15-20 minutes early because Sister Park had a dentist appointment in Jacksonville at 2:00. But we made it in time and all was well! She had to get a ROOT CANAL. Ahhhh poor thing. Crazy. It all went well though, no complications or anything. And then after she came out, the whole left side of her face was frozen. It was HILARIOUS. Haha so we just took it easy for the rest of the afternoon. And we took so many funny selfies and stuff because when you're companion is half frozen...what do you do? You document it. Muahahaha. But we had a good time. It was great. And then the Young Women fed us dinner for their activity that night and we had soup. It was good. I love the YW :) 

On Thursday, we had a spontaneous MLC meeting because Elder Dube came to the mission! (I think I talked about that in my last email...so I won't go into huge detail.) So we had to be in Raleigh at 8:15am. So we had to leave at 5:00am. And thus we had to be up at like 3:30am. So that makes it for the second day in a row of early early morning wake up calls. Anyway, the meeting was SO GOOD. Oh my goodness. Elder Dube is the best!!! He has so many good things to say. I hope he speaks during General Conference next month :) After the meeting we had a lunch and all of the Northern Zones were there and so I got to see 4 of the 5 sisters I came out with!! I saw Sister Ibarra, Sister Muder, Sister Hesen, and Sister Galloway!!! It was great! Sister West is in the Southern Kingdom. She's actually in my zone! Haha. But anyway, we got a picture. My camera was being a butt, so my pictures didn't work. BUT, the mission photographer lady got some, so I'm waiting for them to show up on the Raleigh Mission Share page :) But it was so neat to see them all again!!! It's crazy that we've all been out for 9 months now. What the heck. Haha I don't know exactly where the time is going....but it's going somewhere! Ha! Anywho. That was Thursday. 

Friday = the best of the bestest days ever. We had a Zone Conference with Elder Dube and all the zones in the Southern Kingdom were there. The meeting started at 8:15am. So we had to leave at 5am this morning as well! And the meeting was in, like I told y'all last week, FAYETTEVILLE!!! Oh my goodness! For a few hours on Friday, I felt HOME. It's crazy how that terrifying city, also known as Fayettenam would ever feel like home to me, but it totally does. It will always hold a special place in my heart. Fayetteville, Always and Forever <3. Anywho. The whole week I was like freaking out because A) The meeting was in Fayetteville. And B) SISTER PETERSON. And oh my goodness. We got to the church and I was like ahhh I'm home! And it feels so good! And then I was like....Sister Peterson. Where is she? So we were like on a mission to find her. And during this mission we were able to find the Hills. AHHH! I literally couldn't hold myself back...I HAD to run to them and hug Sister Hill and give a handshake to Elder Hill. It was so amazing seeing them!! And then a few minutes later after going inside, we went back to the parking lot and I saw my baby!!! With her baby! Hahaha (Sis P's training!). AND I couldn't hold myself back from her either hahaha I ran and squeezed her as hard as I could haha. OH MY GOODNESS IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!! It was amazing seeing her again. Wow. Ha didn't realize just how much I missed her until I saw her. Awe man. I just love her to pieces. Anywho. The meeting was really good. Super spiritual. And exactly what I needed to hear. It gave me the peace, motivation, and excitement that I've so desperately needed these past few weeks. Elder Dube is an inspired man called of God, I can tell you that much! I forgot my notes....otherwise I'd give you a little bit of what he said. But it was great. And his wife is a sweetheart and also had so many good things to say. And of course, President and Sister James also had inspiring messages that touched my heart. This meeting was perfect and I really needed it. 
One of the things that Elder Dube said that hit me pretty good was this. He was talking about not giving up and then some advice from his mission president. And that was:
"It's not over, until it's over." 
And I was like whoa. It was definitely a head to heart experience. It was amazing. I'm telling ya. There was so many good things said in that meeting that just made my heart super happy. 

Basically, there are not enough words to adequately describe what Friday was. But it's a day that I will hold super close to my heart and I will NEVER forget it. Ever. It was literally the best day ever. At least one of the BEST, bestest days ever. 

Even though we had to wake up super early like everyday this week...it was well worth it. Exhaustion was a small price to pay for the experiences that we were able to have. 

The church is true, y'all! I just love it so so so much! Just know that if it feels like you're getting hit with a ton of trials at once, it just means that something amazing is coming your way and the Lord is preparing you for it. Trust in the Lord, keep pushing forward, and bear it with patience. All will be well in due time. :)

I love and miss y'all and hope you're doing well. HAVE A GOOD FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL (and work for you pops!) And know that my prayers will be with y'all. :) It's gonna be different, but it'll be good. This is where you all need to be right now. 

Take care!

Much Love,
Sister Blumel
xoxoxo <3

 
My baby and I!!!
Oh yeah. Sis P and I totally matched....even though  we're
like 2.5 hours away from each other we still got it! Haha
 #compunity4eva!

I was so happy to see Sister Peterson that happiness may have leaked out my eyes or something.
I dunno. Emotions and stuff. Hahaha but it was so good to see her!

A 3 generation picture. Haha that's Sister Rich. Sister Peterson's trainee. She's so cute. I love her.

And then that's Sister Hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment