Monday, September 07, 2015

Week #42 - 2015 Sep 07 - Say Yes to the Baptism!

Hey all you beautiful people that I love so much!

This week was good! I honestly can't complain. I love being on the mission. It's the best. We have an investigator that's on date! I don't think I've had the chance to tell you about him. So I'll do that now!!!

So there was an inactive sister in the ward and she reached out to us letting us know that she is trying to come back and she wants her son baptized. We learn that her son, Wesley, is 10 and so he'd have to take the lessons. We set up a time with her to establish expectations - like what she expects from us and what we expect from them - and that went well. We figured out a baptismal date that day but it was more of a tentative date because we didn't ask Wesley if he even wanted to be baptized yet. BUT! We've met with Wesley a few times now (we meet with him twice a week) and this week we were able to teach him the Plan of Salvation. To do this, we drew pictures of each stage in the Plan and we did it kind of like an "adventure." Meaning that we would explain the Pre Earth life as we put the picture down and he would stand by it and then we would put the next thing down and explain that and so on and so forth. And he would just walk with the pictures so it was like he was literally "walking through the Plan of Salvation" when we went over this lesson! It was fun! He loved it and had a lot of really good questions. You know, he's only 10 but he has SUCH a bright mind! He's like a little genius. I love how he takes everything in. When we teach him something you can almost see the gears turning in his head and then he thinks about if for a second and then he either has a really good question next or he's like "yeah! That makes sense." It's great. When he said the closing prayer he asked for things that he could pray for and Sister Park was like, what are you grateful for? And he listed some things off. And then she asked him what he needs help with. And he thought about it for a little bit and said, "Can I pray for help to get to the celestial kingdom?" And we were like Yes!!! So he did and the spirit was so strong. In the car on the way home we were talking about the lesson and the fact that we've never personally prayed for help to get to the Celestial Kingdom...but that's something that we could definitely be doing more of! We need all the help we can get :) Ah the things that you learn from children. I love kids.

And then for the second lesson we had with him this week, we taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he really enjoyed that lesson as well. When we were going over baptism, S. Park extended the invitation to be baptized. And he thought about it for a good couple seconds (he put on his thinker face that I love so much! Haha) and then he looked us both in the eye and said boldly, "Yes." It was amazing! The spirit like whooosh-ed right in the room stronger than it was before. It was incredible. Such a neat experience. I love being a missionary and being able to experience moments like this! It's so great. The rest of the lesson went well and he understood everything we said. Thank you to the Spirit!! :) Wesley is honestly such a huge tender mercy. I feel honoured and privileged to be able to be the missionary involved in his conversion story. 

A few fun facts from the week:

-We saw an alligator on Saturday night! It was so neat. A family had us over for dinner and then afterwards they took us to their dock and let us fish for a little bit and while we did that a gator totally came swimming on by! It was so neat! They move soooo slow....it's kinda creepy. But it was really awesome. 

-Speaking of that. I went fishing for the first time! It was kinda spontaneous haha....so I was in a skirt. But it was still fun! I didn't catch anything...but that's okay! I still had a good time :) 

-I forgot to mention this last week, but I gave a talk last Sunday (Aug 31st) and it went well! It was on reverence and revelation. It was one of my favourite topics that I've ever been given for a talk so it was fun writing it. I whipped it out in like an hour the night before...and it turned out pretty good!! I'll try and figure out a way to send it to y'all :) 

That was pretty much our week in a nutshell! :) HUGE SHOUT OUT to my beautiful mama who had a birthday yesterday!!! Hope it was great!
Also, shout out to my baby, Sister Peterson, for having a birthday last Tuesday (the 1st!). I hope that was wonderful too! 

I love being a missionary in the North Carolina Raleigh Mission. It's honestly the biggest blessing of my life. Now, tomorrow, and always. The church is true. Keep choosing the right and remember that I pray for each and everyone of you everyday. 

I love y'all. And I hope y'all have a good week. Take care!

MUCH LOVE,
Sister Blumel
xoxoxo <3

Just a couple selfies from your fave missionary. ;)


These are funny. S. Park taught me how to do the W thing....and ....I still got it wrong.

#toocoolfortheW.... I'll stick to my rock on sign....LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment