Monday, September 21, 2015

Week #44 - 2015 Sep 21 - The Things That Matter Most Last Forever.

Hey y'all, 

This week my report will be a little different. I just want to take a minute and share my testimony with you all. I'm going to very simply share what means the most to me and I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide my words in such a way that you too will feel the spirit and I will be able touch at least someone's heart. 

Throughout this last week, I've had a lot of time to ponder. Due to some unforeseen circumstances and some very tragic news - this past week has been rough physically, but mostly emotionally. But with all that mentioned, it's been a very spiritually moving week. I've never felt Heavenly Father's love so strong before. I know that Heavenly Father loves me. He loves you. He knows my circumstances, as well as He knows yours. He is a mighty God. He is a God of miracles. He is a loving God. He loves us all more than we can even comprehend. His love is perfect. Unconditional. Eternal. 

He has a plan for all of us. Sometimes it's hard to accept His plan, but that's where faith comes in. Faith in God includes faith in His timing. This past week, my companion had to receive some very hard news about her family. The way she handled it has been inspiring for me. Sister Park is one of the strongest people that I have ever met. Her testimony and her love of God and of Jesus Christ is unwavering. 

In Mosiah 18 it talks about what we promise when we are baptized. Verses 8 and 9 say:

 And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his  people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;
 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn;yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things,and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of  the first resurrectionthat ye may have eternal life—
Those words have been on repeat in my mind this entire week. I never fully understood what it meant to "mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort" until coming on the mission. As a missionary you have the opportunity to be other people's support. Other people rely on you to help them through their trials. And never before have I wanted to take burdens off people's backs and put them on my own to relieve them from their challenges. During a visit, if they confide in us with what they are struggling with and when they shed tears, I find myself hurting because I wish there was more that I could do for them. But all we can do is weep with them and assure them of God's love for them. 
This week I have gained an even deeper understanding of this scripture and what exactly I promised when I was baptized at eight years old. As my companion is going through this trial I have wanted nothing more than to take it off her back and put it on my own. I know this isn't possible but I wish it was. You know, on the mission they always talk about being united with your companion. Being one with each other. You don't realize how united you are until the other one is hurting and you're feeling what they are. I can't say that I know what Sister Park has been going through and I can't say that I even understand. But I do know that my heart has been aching for her and her family. I'm on the outside looking in and even though I don't know exactly how bad this hurts, I hurt really bad for them. I am literally mourning with those that mourn. I'm not sure why this had to happen. And why this had to happen at this time. But I do know that it happened and the Lord has a plan. He's looking out for us. Sister Park and I were meant to be companions. The Lord chose me to be the one to be by her side as she is going through this. And I feel so inadequate. I feel almost unworthy to be the one to comfort His beloved daughter. Although, I can promise you that as I have knelt down to the Lord and pleaded for His help and guidance, He has given it to me. I have said things that I would not have even imagined coming out of my own mouth. And I know they aren't from me. Those words have come to me from the Spirit, from the Lord. I am the Lord's mouthpiece. I am the Lord's instrument. And I am striving to fulfill the promises I made at baptism and "comfort those that stand in need of comfort." 

I want you all to know that I have a STRONG testimony that families are forever. When sealed in the Holy Temple of God, families are for eternity. That binding is eternal. And how amazing is it, that we have this knowledge. How great is it that the fullness of the gospel has been restored and the sealing power is back on the earth today. How incredible is that we have temples and we can do the work for those who have passed on. How wonderful it is that those that didn't have the chance to hear the gospel on the earth, have that opportunity in the spirit world. This is why temple work is so important. This is why temples are on the earth. Temples are here to bind families for time and for all eternity. This is our ultimate goal. The temple should always be our goal. It is my promise to you, that as long as your eyes are on the the temple, you are never lost. I hope that we can all make the temple a priority in our lives and not only seal our own families for time and all eternity but those that didn't get the chance to here on earth. 

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's church on the earth today. It contains the fullness of the gospel and the fullness of the truth. I know with all my heart, mind, and soul that this IS the true church. I have received witness of this time and time again. I know that Joseph Smith restored the church and I know he saw what he saw. I know he was the first prophet called of God in this dispensation. I know that it's through him that God was able to bring back His church. I know that the Priesthood power is real. I am so grateful that the Priesthood is on the earth again. I was able to receive a blessing from the Mission President this past week and things were mentioned that I hadn't told anyone else but God. Those were things that I had only talked about with my Father in Heaven and yet, those concerns were addressed in this blessing. My Heavenly Father was talking to me through a worthy Priesthood holder. I cannot deny what I have felt in this church. I know without a shadow of a doubt that it is through the Plan of Salvation that we will feel peace and true joy. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. And I know that He died for each and every one of us. He went through everything so that we would understand perfectly. He wants to be there for us and He knows exactly what we're going through because He's been there. We can always turn to Him and He won't ever let us down. All we have to do is let Him in. And once we do, we will realize that He will take the weight right off our backs. Just like how it says in Mosiah 24:14-15. So even though I cannot take the weight off of Sister Park's back or her families' backs, I know that the only one who can, is our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. And that gives me comfort. I know that our Savior Jesus Christ, will help them and comfort them and help them feel at peace. I know this because He went through everything. Unlike me, He KNOWS exactly what they are feeling. We all just have to trust Him. And I know that this is the case with EVERYONE. No matter what you are going through, Jesus Christ is there for you. Let Him in. 

Mom, Dad, Jon, Sara, Matthew, and Ben. I want you ALL to know that I love you more than anything else in this world. You all mean everything to me and I hope you all know that and never forget it. I am so grateful that mama and pops lived worthy lives and were able to be married for time and all eternity in the Holy Temple of God. It is because of them, that we are an eternal family. I hope that one day I, too, can enter into the temple and marry a worthy priesthood holder for time and all eternity and raise a family on the strong foundation of Jesus Christ and the gospel, just like the one I grew up in. I love you all so much and I am sending HUGE loves and hugs to you all from North Carolina. Give each other vicarious hugs for me. :) I can't express enough how much y'all mean to me. So just know that there aren't even enough words for me to adequately describe my love to all of you. <3 <3 <3

I have so much more to say...but unfortunately I don't have the time to say it all. I hope that all made sense...I don't have to time to double check it.

I hope you all had a great week and know that my prayers are with all of you always. 

You are Loved. 

Take care. Be safe and choose the right. 

Much Love,
Sister Amy Blumel 
xoxoxo <3


No comments:

Post a Comment