Friday, September 18, 2015

Week #43 - 2015 Sep 14 - The Lord Works in Mysterious Ways.

Heyaaa!

So this past week was really good. It was kinda a slower week. But it was good. :) 

We saw Wesley a couple times this week and he is doing WONDERFUL. He's just the best and I love him to pieces. We taught him the 10 Commandments and Following the Prophet and he loved our hand signs for all 10 commandments. AND! Best part? He still remembers them. So. Our 10 year old investigator knows all 10 Commandments.. IN ORDER! Can you say that about yourself? Hahaha. I know I couldn't before I was taught the hand signs. They're pretty fun :) (shout out to Sister Webb for teaching me that!) And we were also able to watch a little bit of Meet the Mormons with him as well. Ever since the first time we went and visited him, he's been DYING to watch a movie with us. Ranging from the Lego Movie, to other disney movies, and you know all that sorta stuff. And then we explain that we're missionaries so we can't watch those movies. So we told him that we would watch Meet the Mormons with him and he was super excited. So we did that! We'll watch the other half sometime this upcoming week I think. If not this week, we'll be doing it at some point. :) But other than that, he's doing great! 

We contacted a referral yesterday (Sunday...after church) and it was a miracle story. Wowza. Okay so we got this referral on Saturday and we were told to just "tract into" this lady because the person who referred her didn't want to be known. So we go to the address and we realize that there's a huge "No Soliciting" sign in the apartment complex and we were a little hesitant. But the spirit told us to keep going, so we did. We found her apartment and there was another "no soliciting" sign right on her door. There was also a huge cross on her door. We didn't exactly know how to approach this lady once she answered the door - because of the signs up and everything - so both Sister Park and I were praying for help. And then all of a sudden this dog comes around the corner...with no owner or anything with it. So we're like perfect! We'll just use the dog and ask if it's hers! We tried knocking and ringing the doorbell multiple times but there wasn't an answer and we weren't walking away either. Something told me that we needed to stay. (The Spirit obviously..haha) And we also realized that we had been holding onto this dog and Sister Park being the huge animal lover that she is, didn't want to leave it there (I guess I'm heartless now because I was just ready to go and let it fend for itself hahaha whoops) and so she looked at its tag and wanted to deliver it to whoever's address it belonged to. And it turned out to be the same address as the referral. It WAS her dog! Crazy right?! There was also a phone number so we called it and she answered and we told her we had her dog. Long story short, she came to the front door, turns out she was gardening in the back. And we gave her, her dog back and we were able to transition the conversation from the dog to the cross on the door to asking if she was religious to inviting AND committing her to come to church AND getting a return appointment! It was too good to be true!!! It was such an amazing experience! :) The Lord has perfect timing. And He does have a plan for each of His children. That dog was a HUGE tendery mercy. It's the little things. Just before coming to her house, we stopped by a couple people and they didn't answer their door. And I think that's because if they would have answered, we would have missed this opportunity. So it all worked out! It was one of those moments that timing was huge. If we would have waited a second longer or even got there a second earlier, we would have missed the dog and missed our chance to start up a conversation with her. I mean, it would have worked out another time....but this was it. This was the time we were supposed to see her and I LOVE seeing the Lord's hand in this work. It's just a testimony builder that this IS the Lord's work and He's mindful of all of us. :) 

OH YEAH! And on Friday, we had an MLC (Mission Leadership Council) meeting up in Raleigh area (Knightdale). And then, you wouldn't have guessed what happened. SISTER PETERSON WAS THERE!!! WHATTT?! Okay so MLC meetings are only for the zone leaders and sister training leaders (and the assistants and the Mission President of course) and Sister Peterson is training right now! So that was a COMPLETE surprise! But turns out she was personally invited to come to the meeting and present something to all of us :) It was awesome!!! IT WAS SO GOOD TO SEE HER! I just love her so much. I can't wait to see her off the mission so I can spend as much time as I want with her! Ah maybe we'll be companions again haha. Who knows! All I know is I saw her on Friday and it was amazing. MLC was a super good meeting though. It was great. Lots of good things were discussed and I can say I am SUPER excited to be in the NCRM :D Lots of things are changing, but it's for the best! And I'm stoked to see the outcome :) (I'll talk more about that later hahaha.) 

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! WE WENT TO THE BEACH THIS MORNING! YEAHHH! Okay so back story. When I got my call here I was like I want to serve in Wilmington because it's super close to the coast and then one morning I'm gonna force my companion to wake up super early so that we could watch the sunrise on the coast over the ocean. And then my first area was Fayetteville..no where near the ocean hahaha. But then I got sent to Jacksonville! And it's not Wilmington, but it's still right on the coast! So bam!! And so us sisters decided that we were going to do just that. And that's what we did this morning! It was the best!! Granted we had to wake up at 4am to get there on time....BUT OH MY GOODNESS IT WAS SO WORTH IT!!! I looooooovveee the ocean. It's beautiful. We got there just before 6am and we stayed until after 9am. It was so much fun! We took a ton of pictures and enjoyed putting our toesies into the water. Actually we were able to go about ankle deep and the water was SO WARM! It was like bath water. And it's September! Yeah...needless to say that I'm pretty excited about this...still....hahaha. It was the best thing ever. Definitely gonna have to go back soon. I love being right on the coast! <3

That's about it for this week! I hope you all have a great week with lots of fun memories. Remember to say your prayers and read your scriptures and that God loves you! Y'all are the best. 

I love being a missionary. It's the best. I'm so grateful I have this opportunity to serve. 

I love and miss y'all a ton! Take care :)

MUCH LOVE,
Sister Amy Blumel 
xoxoxo <3







Sister Rich, Sister Peterson and I

Me and Sister Peterson!

No comments:

Post a Comment