Monday, December 22, 2014

Week #5 - 2014 Dec 22

Heyyya!

This week has been the best yet. It was super busy and the busier the better! On Tuesday, we had our Christmas Zone conference and it was really awesome. Lots of inspiration. And our mission president and his wife are so amazing. I love them a lot :) so it was a great meeting! 

We also had such an amazing lesson with a returning less active. Her name is Catrina and she wants to come back to the church so bad and I'm so excited for her. We taught a lesson that was completely guided by the spirit. It was so amazing. We talked about the Atonement and how it's never too late to come back and how God loves her sooo much. And then we talked about how because she wants to come back and has that desire, Satan's gonna try his best to keep her away, but with the armor of God he won't be able to have any sort of effect on her. And then we talked a lot about that. It was soooo good. I love the spirit so much and the guidance that it brings. 

We also taught this couple who are returning less actives the Plan of Salvation and it went so well! The husband is a Christmas hater so we related almost everything to Christmas...it was super funny. And then when we were explaining the resurrection we told him the GOOD NEWS that if his leg gets blown off during a deployment or whatever he'll be able to get it back as good as new!! Ahahah it was super funny. He's like wow...I'm never gonna forget this lesson. Oh my goodness hahah it was so good. I love them, it's always a blast with them. They're so fun! Overall though, it was really good and we explained the plan of salvation really well and they understood it...so that's always a good thing haha. 

On Friday we had a service day! SO I GOT TO WEAR JEANS. For a couple hours at least. Oh mann it felt so good hahah. It was ridiculous how amazing it was to wear pants. Haha! But yeah we helped clean an investigators house and then we went and helped a sister in the ward make hair bows for her daughter. It was such a fun day. AND THEN. We had such an incredible lesson with one of our investigators. We've just seen miracles in that house. Her mom a couple months ago wouldn't even set foot in the church and make eye contact with the missionaries BUT NOW. She wants us to come over twice a week to teach her kids :) AMAZING. Oh man I can't even begin to explain how happy I am about it. And she's feeding us all the time...so that's a good sign too! She's totally softened her heart and I've never seen the Atonement work like that in someone's life before. It's incredible. Ahh it makes me soo super happy. :):):):) 

So fun fact. You all know about my hate of peanut butter and how I can't stand it...correct? Yeah. Like the smell of it set me off. Okay. Yeah whatever. Except for the fact that I'm craving it now...Ever since like last weekend I've been eating like peanut butter and jam sandwiches like all the time...ALL THE TIME. You don't understand how weirded out I am by myself hahaha. Like if you knew me before the mission you would know that peanut butter and I were on a mutual hate with each other...and now I can't get enough of it. It's so weird. Oh my goodness. I don't even know. 

Also fun fact, every restaurant in the states has a drive thru. Like every one of them. It's strange. Oh yeah, and it costs more to send a letter to Canada than it does to send a letter to Australia. Umm say wut. Hahah I will never understand postage rates. Or America. Hahah but whateva! It's all good!

I think that's all I got for ya this week... But enjoy the pictures!! :D I finally remembered my camera cord and so you get a bunch of MTC pictures :) hoorah! 

Have a great week! As my trainer says, have the best week ever until the next! (or something like that...I'm sure you get the jist of it. hahah) 

I love you all so so so much. AND MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! 

Much love,
Sister Blumel


PS - Letters are always welcome ;) 
Email my Mom and she'll give you my address - blumel.jana@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Look at you go!!! Amazing! Keep it up Sis. Blumel!!! Oh, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete