Monday, March 14, 2016

Week #69 - 2016 Mar 14

Hey y'all!
So this week was great! Lots of change, but hey that's expected. I'm on a mission for crying out loud! So transfers were on Tuesday and I have a new companion, her name is Sister Petersen! Make note of the "en" ending....She's a different Petersen than my Baby Peterson. Ha. Let me tell y'all something. When you pray....pray SPECIFICALLY. The Lord will always answer your prayers....but it may not be the way you were expecting...but it will be exactly what you asked for! Haha that's one thing I've learned on the mission. I prayed that I would be companions with Sister Peterson again before I go home and at first I would say her first name as well...but as time went on I'm like, oh I'm sure Heavenly Father knows exactly who I'm talking about. Welllll, folks. I may have forgotten for a BRIEF..VERY BRIEF...moment that Heavenly Father has a sense of humor...Because my new companion IS indeed, Sister Petersen! Just not the one I was expecting! haha but it's okay because she's pretty fun too :) She's been out for 6 months and she's from West Point, UT. It'll be a good couple of transfers!
Okay so the week was great. We did a TON of administrative work because well life was so disorganized for the past 6 weeks....I decided that a new transfer was a good excuse to crack down and get that going. So we did that and wow...it feels good to have things organized!! (Who woulda thought?)
Other than that...hmm, well again transfers happened and I got to see ALL of my companions..well the ones that are still here in the mission..haha but that was so awesome!!!! I saw Sister Peterson, Sister Park, and Sister Scribner!! It seriously made my life!!! :D I love them all so much. I'm so grateful I came on a mission, I've been able to meet so many amazing people <3
We met with Angela this week and she's doing amazing. When we got there, she expressed to us that she was feeling super confused about things and why there has to be so many different religions. We taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ (so Faith, Repentance, Baptism, the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End) and afterwards she told us that her mind was more clear and she felt more peace. And when we read 2 Nephi 31:19-20 with her and we asked her what her thoughts were, she was like, wow, something exciting just happened inside of me! {DANG GIRL, YOU'RE FEELING THE SPIRIT. SING PRAISES. HALLELUJAH!} It was great. We talked to her about watching the Restoration video with her because it's a good visual as to the confusion that Joseph Smith felt as well and she said that would be wonderful to watch and she was way interested in that. Then she told us that it was the Joseph Smith story that got her intrigued in the first place because she feels the same way, so she can totally relate! So that was awesome. She's literally amazing. Once she understands the Priesthood, I know she'll get baptized. I know it. She's golden. I love her SO so SOOOO much. <3
AND wow. Miracles this week. We saw Ken (our older military investigator!) on Friday night and wow. The progression he's made since I've gotten here has been incredible to witness. We went over the 10 Commandments and he loved it. (Those hand signs are the best I'm telling ya....they're a hit...everyone loves them!) And he told us that after our last visit, he was inspired to change his life for the better and he applied for school! He's going back to school! That's so exciting! AND AND ANDDDD! HE COMMITTED TO COMING TO CHURCH NEXT SUNDAY!!!! YAYAYAYAY! that's literally so huge. I'm so excited for him! Ah it's the best. I love this gospel. It LITERALLY changes lives for the better. And it's so neat to be in the middle of it. :)
Anywho, I think that's about all!! So yeah overall, a pretty good week! I LOVE RALEIGH SO MUCH. Like seriously, it's the best ever. I am literally in love with this state. I love North Carolina so much. <3 <3 <3
The gospel is true y'all! I know it with all my heart! Stay close to it and your life will be blessed. I promise. And that's a missionary promise, so it's legit. :) And it's a Sister Blumel promise, so it's even more legit. ;)
I love you all and miss you tons! Keep on keepin' strong!
Take care!!
MUCH LOVE,
Sister Blumel
xoxoxo <3

Elder Robinson and I! "Quick, let's take the most awkward picture ever." -Robinson.

Uhm yeah successful hahaha. 

I served with him for 2 weeks in Jacksonville (he was emergency transferred there).
He's pre cool I guess :)

Anddddd, my family! Again, we had another family reunion!!!
Sister Scribner, Sister Rich, Me, and Sister Peterson!!!
:D LOVE THESE SISTAS! <3

Baby Scrib and I :)

Andddd Sister Rich and I!! Gma and gbaby picture <3

Andddd Sister Ibarra and I!!! (My MTC companion!!)
It's always good to see your peeps at transfers! Love her! 

But literally, I love these pictures!!!! I love the people in them more though!
 (Shout out to Sister Park and Sister Peterson!!!) <3 <3 <3

Okay so I don't know why the one turned out blue....but hey.
I guess that's what happens when your comps with Sista Bluemilk :)

We went to seminary this morning!! We got asked to be there, so of course, being the diligent missionaries that we are, showed up to seminary at 5:55AM!! Whoa. Suddenly I'm realizing that seminary at 7:15 wasn't that bad.... ;) 

Me and Sister Petersen at church! 

No comments:

Post a Comment