Monday, December 07, 2015

Week #55 - 2015 Dec 07 - All Aboard the Mission Roller Coaster!

Hey hey hey!

This week was great! Not too much happened, but enough to make it count!! Haha :) 

We got the opportunity to see President and Sister James at a missionary meeting for all the greenies. We got to drive all the way to Fayetteville and we met at the Scotty Hill building..which isn't the building we went to when I was serving there - it's the other stake center...but nonetheless I was still in Fayetteville! Man, that place is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS gonna hold a special place in my heart. I just love it there so much. Anywho! The meeting was really good. Like REAL good. We learned a ton and it was wonderful. I love missionary meetings, they're honestly my favourite. <3 and seeing the James' is always the best. They are the definition of Christlike love. 

We got to see our investigator Jessica this past week! We were planning on teaching her the word of wisdom this week. We already knew she's struggling with a smoking addiction and she can't go on without her cup of coffee in the morning! So we were kinda nervous about it and had been praying for it to go well for like a week. Anywho, so we go to her house and we have the lessons at her dining room table and so we walk over to that..and the FIRST THING I SEE IS............an ash try with some freshly smoked cigarettes.....and a cup of coffee.....yep. No joke. I was like "awwwwe crap......" But then I was like, whatever! She needs to know this and we've been praying for a few days now, it'll be okay! And as soon as I thought that, she moves all of that to the counter and then it's gone. And we give the lesson. AND it actually went really really reallllyyyy well! She said that everything made sense and we got her to commit to lessen her use of cigarettes and coffee. She said she won't be able to quit cold turkey, but she did say that we would do it less and kinda wean herself off of them. And we were totally fine with that! So we'll see how that's going this week! It was super exciting :) I love seeing the gospel change lives. It's amazing. 

The rest of the week was super good. We stayed busy. And we were able to go on exchanges with the other sisters this past weekend. So that was good. It was very much needed and it went well. Sister Macrum and I had a couple really good lessons with a couple less actives. There were tears...but good tears..so we did something right! haha I just love the spirit :) I wasn't too completely sure what we were going to end up doing because we had nothing planned, but then I prayed about it and a couple names immediately came to mind and so I went with it. And it turns out that they were both struggling with something that happened that day or a couple days beforehand and so our visit was perfectly timed. It was amazing. The Lord's hand is definitely over all of this work. I love being a missionary! 

That's about it! I hope you all had a wonderful week, and that this upcoming week is even better! I miss you all a ton. And I love you all. You all have such a special place in my heart and I pray for you on the daily! :) 

Remember who you are and return with honor, as Mama Blumel always says :) Take care, be safe, and don't forget that God loves you more than you know, no matter what!!! 

MUCH LOVE,
Sister Blumel 
xoxoxo <3

PS - Story behind the subject line...this week was so up and down and all over the place haha. We had our highs and lows....but it ended up being a good week :) Just like a roller coaster. You go up and then you go down and then you go UPSIDE down and then your like "what the junk did I get myself into" *during* the ride but then once it's over you're like THAT WAS AWESOME.....LET'S DO IT AGAIN!!!!! Hahaha. That's just like life. I love it :) 

PPS - Ponderize scripture for the week -- 2 Corinthians 13:11 <3

1 comment: