Sunday, July 05, 2015

Week #32 - 2015 Jun 29 - Canadian Spy

Hola amigos! 

So this week, I was transferred, became a sister leader, learning a new area, and still loving missionary life. All in all, this week was pretty great. This email might be a little on the shorter side, just because emailing at the library is A LOT different than emailing at the family history center at the church. It's okay though!! 

Tuesday was transfer day. AKA a driving day. It took about an hour and a half to get up to transfers and then we had the meeting and then it took like almost 3 hours to get back to our area after transfers. BECAUSE! I'm even more south! Haha. I am now serving in the Jacksonville 3rd ward. So we cover Jacksonville, Camp LeJeune, Hubert, Midway Park, and Swansboro. (I probably missed a couple) And besides Jacksonville and Camp Lejeune, those are all pretty small little town things. Haha. It's a busy area. Anywho, at transfers we got to hug President and Sister Bernhisel again. It'll be weird without them here. But I'm excited to have President and Sister James come :) They're going to be great. We get to meet them on Friday at our MLC meeting (Missionary Leadership Council...or something like that hahaha). 

Oh! My new companion's name is Sister Park. She's from Washington State. She came out with Sister Peterson, so she's still pretty new in the mission. She's fun! We're going to do some great things together with the Lord's help here! I'm excited to be working with her. :)

The rest of the week was great. We are focusing on 2 investigators here. Their names are Margie and Joe. And they're both older. I love them already though! They're great! I'll probably have more info on them next week as we've only met with them both once this past week..so I'm still getting to know them and their story :) 

I'm excited to get to know this area and meet everyone. The mission has taught me and will continue to teach me how to love people the second I start talking to them. I love meeting new people and getting to know them. I hope that's sticks with me for the rest of my life :) I'm sure it will though. As long as I keep it up! 

I love this gospel. There's nothing quite like it. And there's a special spirit and power that comes with prayer. It's real and I know it. So just remember that when life gets a little too tough, you can ALWAYS turn to the Lord and ask for help and He WILL help you! Maybe not in the way you think...but He answers it in the best way in the long run :) Just trust in Him and His plan and everything will work out the way it's supposed to. 

Remember, I love you all and I miss you like crazy! You're all always in my prayers and I hope y'all have a grrrreat week! :D 

Y'all are the best. Sending hugs and love from NC. 

MUCH LOVE,
Sister Blumel 
xoxoxo <3


PS - The email subject line - There's a running joke that I'm a Canadian spy because I keep getting sent to the military parts of the mission ;) Hahaha. Actually I think I explained that last week....but here's a refresher. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment