Thursday, June 25, 2015

Week #31 - 2015 Jun 22 - "It's the Latter-day Saint Bible!"

Hey y'all! 

This week has been pre great. It started like all the rest of them...you know, looking for new people to teach. And then BAM. We found 2 new potential investigators on the weekend. That's what I'm talking about! Miracles. I'm tellin ya.

So Wednesday was the Goodbye Zone Conference. President and Sister Bernhisel are leaving and the new mission president and his wife are coming next week. Sad day. There were so many tears from everyone. Once the Bernhisel's were leaving us with their testimonies everyone just kinda broke and bam water works. And then we sang our mission song "We'll Bring the World His Truth" with the extra verses added in and the spirit was so strong. I couldn't even sing because if I did I would have started bawling ha. So I just soaked it all in. It was the most incredible feeling though. I haven't felt the spirit that strong in a long time. After the song, we were all able to give the Bernhisel's hugs. We got to give BOTH President and Sister Bernhisel hugs!! It was awesome! While I was hugging President (which was super weird, but awesome!!), he was like you're my favourite Canadian! And there's quite a few of you now...so that's saying something! And I'm like awe, well you're my favourite American! And he laughed haha. And then I got a picture with them afterwards. It was great. I love the Bernhisel's a lot. Definitely super blessed that I had the chance to meet them and learn from them. It was an honor to have President Bernhisel as my first mission president. He is incredible. And Sister Bernhisel feels like a mom and I just love her to pieces. She has such a special spirit about her :) I'm gonna miss them like crazy. But I'm excited to meet the new mission president and his wife. They're coming in next Tuesday :) 

On Saturday, we met Carol. We were driving home to go finish Sis P's training and then on the way we see this woman and we wave and then she gives us this huge grin and waves back with her whole arm! So we're like we need to stop and talk to her. So I quickly stop and we run out of the car and catch up with her. She recognizes us and we ask her what she knows about us and she's like, well you  have that latter-day saint bible! And we're like yep, the Book of Mormon! What do you know about it? And she says, "Well, it's another testament of Jesus Christ!" And we're like whoa! YES! Yes it is!!! And long story short, she wants to stop smoking and drinking and change her life for the better! So we're gonna start teaching her! Well Sis P and her new comp will...I'm heading out of this area. But she is awesome!! An older southern woman!! She's great. I'm excited for her :) 

And then on Sunday, Jan came to church! She walked in and I felt impressed to talk to her. So we asked her how she was doing and turns out she's not a member! She just wanted to check out the church and see what we're all about! And we were like woohoo! That's great! And we invited her to sit with us and we explained the sacrament and all that. And she's interested in learning more! So that's super exciting. :D

It was interesting because we have been praying hard core to find those people that are looking for the fullness of the gospel. But we haven't been able to find anyone..and then one day we were like, let's pray that the elect (those who are ready and have been prepared and are seeking out for the truth) will find us. And so we did! And we had TWO wonderful ladies who were right in our path. We were there at the right place and the right time. If a second would have passed for both situations, we wouldn't have met them...or even seen them! 
I testify to y'all that the Lord TRULY does have a plan for His children! We just have to be prepared and ready to be instruments in His hands. And then we'll really see the miracles. 

Missionary work is the Lord's work. We are the Lord's hands and we need to do all we can to help those lost souls come unto Christ. Remember, He's got our backs. 
We need not fear for we have the Lord on our side.

Well that's all I have for y'all this week!  So keep on keepin on! I love you all and I wish you all the best for this upcoming week! You're always in my prayers :) Take care and be safe. 

MUCH LOVE,
Sister Blumel
xoxoxo <3

Me with President and Sister Bernhisel -
at the goodbye zone conference for them.

Kenzie, Miah  (she's potentially an investigator we're just waiting on
her parents permission to start teaching her), me, and Sister Peterson 

The Montanez's!!! I just love them. Definitely some of the best friends I've made on the mission :)

Andddd this pic of me and sis p makes me laugh so hard every time.....
HER FACE THO!!!! HAHAHA.

Me and Sister Vickianna Clements --- I just love her. We got super close :) 

And Sister Mentzer (and her baby James) and I!

And the Borabora family. My biggest tender mercy of the area!! <3

Me and Sister Jennifer Thomas! 

And after our dinner appointment yesterday we found a TON of geese!!!! 
They are also my tender mercies :) They make me think of Grandpa 
Reeder and I just feel his love and support. It's a great feeling! :)

Sister Peterson and I!

And the Willis family!!!

And the Hoffman's! They're like our grandparents :) 
Picture is kinda blurry...but you get the jist of it. I love them!

Me and Elder & Sister Hill - The Military Relations missionary couple here.
I don't know what we would do without them. They're seriously the best. 

And just me with a whole bunch of American Flags...haha.

Sister Hill - "Go stand by your boyfriend and I'll take a picture of you! 
This is the only boyfriend you're allowed to have right now. And he's probably the
best one you'll ever have.....cause he's a statue! *laughs*" hahaha. She's so funny. 

We found train tracks ;)

Anddd I like posing....hahaha.

Us and Sister Hill!


No comments:

Post a Comment