Friday, July 10, 2015

Week#33 - 2015 Jul 06 - "MY GIRLS! MY GIRLS ARE HERE!!"

Heeeylo. 

This week was great. There was so much that happened I don't even know where to start. Also, I picked the computer with the extra special keyboard and sometimes the letters don't want to work..so hopefully this makes sense..cause I don't really feel like correcting everything! Ha! 

Last Monday, we had dinner with a nonmember family, the Schetter's, that we had just met 2 days before. And it was a BLAST!!! Oh my goodness. They are sooo great.They are a young family, they have a 2 year old daughter. Who is just the sweetest little girl ever. I just love this family SO MUCH already. They're fantastic. The husband actually grew up in the church, but has sorta fallen away. BUT! They (Hubby and wife) want to learn more about the church and they want Paisley to grow up with the same values and morals that Perry (the husband) did. So they know that baptism is going to happen...they just don't know when. It's awesome! They already have the spirit in their home and it's just perfect. AND! They have a pet pig. Named Harley. Haha it's a mini pig and it's litterbox trained and it's super cute. It's 12 pounds now and it will get up to about 30 pounds. So it's going to stay pretty little. It was awesome. That was  the miracle of the week. :) (Meeting this family and getting to know them is the miracle...not the pig...just realized how weird that sentence was and thought I would clarify hahaha).

And then throughout the week we met with this other family. There is Deborah, Polly, Danny, Eddie, and Dyna (Deborah calls her "Dyna-mite" hahah). And they are ALL over the age of 60. And they're all family. They're like your typical southern family hahaha. And everyone except for Dyna smokes like a bazillion packs a day..IN the house. They don't smoke when we're there. BUT! Whenever we leave their house, we smell like we smoked 3 packs..it's gross ha. So we try to see them last..that way we don't have to see other people smelling like cigarette smoke....cause that would be awkward...haha. They're a fantastic family though. They all have a solid belief in Christ and that's a great start. Teaching them will be a super slow process because we're pretty sure Deborah is always like high on something and Polly likes to talk and Dyna just hates the situation that she's in because she doesn't agree with what everyone else is doing (the smoking and drinking and who knows what else), and Danny and Eddie come in and out throughout the visits. But! I can totally see them progressing. And I want them to so bad because they need that light that the gospel brings into their lives. They know it's missing and we, as representatives of Jesus Christ can help them find what they're missing. I hope it works out. I just have so much love for these people already and I so desperately want them to feel the power of the Atonement and the gospel. Keep them in your prayers :)

{Also, quick sidenote. Whenever we come in, Deborah goes, My girls!! My girls are here!!! And she does a little dance with it. It's super cute and it makes my heart smile. So that's the story behind the subject line! <3}

We had MLC on Friday (Missionary Leadership Council) and it was amazing. We met President James and Sister James and they are GREAT! They are so awesome!!! I love them already! Sister James is such a sweetheart and President James is so full of wisdom and he's hilarious! [for example: "I'm going to be a lot more mean than President Bernhisel. Because let me tell you something. He's a doctor....he's trained to believe everything you say. I'm an attorney...." hahaha so funny.] He's great. I'm excited to work alongside them. :)

The rest of the week was great and full of smiles and laughter. :) Life is good. It's always good when you put the Lord first. 

I hope y'all had a great week and I hope this next one is even better. I love you all so much. Be safe, take care, and remember God loves you. 

Much Love,
Sister Blumel
xoxoxo <3


And here's a picture of a frog/toad thing. Ha! Cause why not. 

Me and Sister Park on the 4th of July! (zoom in..it's funny.
That's our district leader photobombing in the back.) 

And then we took an awkward "what the..." selfie. 

And me and Deborah!

And that's Dyna and Polly. They're sisters. Deborah is Polly's daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment