Monday, June 15, 2015

Week #30 - 2015 Jun 15 - Onto New Adventures

HOWDY!

Okay. So first thing's first I'm the realest. Bahah just kidding. First thing's first, I'M GETTING TRANSFERRED. President called on Saturday with the news. And it's definitely bittersweet. I'm going to miss Fayetteville and Ft. Bragg like crazy. I have met so many amazing people here and it's going to be so hard to say goodbye. But at the same time, I am ready to move on and see more of North Carolina. I have been here for almost 7 months and that's a long time haha. So it'll be good to get out and see change. :) So that's my exciting news for the week!! :) Oh I'm also gonna be a sister leader again. And my next companion is gonna be someone who came out with Sister Peterson...so I'll still be the senior companion. It'll be good!

So this week! It was good!! Flew by...as per usual. And to be honest as I'm sitting here...I have no idea what even happened. Sooo. I gotta put my thinking cap on. I'm pretty sure my memory is just getting worse and worse the longer I'm out....haha NOT GOOD! Anywho!

I think the only other exciting thing that happened this week was we went on exchanges on Wednesday. So Sister Peterson was able to stay in our area with Sister Barney and I was able to go to Cameron with Sister Skokos. Turns out that there's a military base there too! I was able to meet the Nielson family. And oh my word they're hilarious. Bro Nielson is an MP on base (military police....I'm pretty sure that's what that means...but don't hold me to that one....they're policemen on base though...so yeah.) Anyway, when I told him where I was from and what area I serve in, he was like hmmm, a Canadian serving in a military base...yep definitely a spy. So he went on this tangent of how I'm not even a missionary at all, it's just my cover and that I'm totally a Canadian spy. He's like you're gonna be transferred to Jacksonville next because there's a military base there and then you're gonna come here to Cameron and you're just gonna hit up all the military bases in your mission. Hahahah it was pretty funny. It's a funny story to go by. BUT, people don't worry. I really am a missionary called of the Lord. Don't fret. It's all good. A Canadian spy just sounds awesome ;) 
But yeah! Exchanges went well! Sister Skokos is the bomb dot com. I love her a lot. It was good to be back in Fayetteville with Sister Peterson though. :) I feel blessed to have such a great companion and that we actually get along really well! It's great. I'm gonna miss Sis. Peterson to pieces. She's the best. 

Hmm. Not too much else happened this week. We did a lot of tracting...and got rejected a lot...Actually out of all the doors we knocked (which was a lot...I lost count), only one person wants us to come back...and she was super hesitant about it haha. Gotta LOVE the South!!! Hoorah. But, we still have faith that we'll find who we need to find!! Our district is also great because they have all agreed to help us out. This is how it's gonna go down: There's a Goodbye Zone Conference this Wednesday (it's the Bernhisel's last one...sad face...) and so they have to come to Fayetteville anyway. So! What we're gonna do is give each companionship an area to go tracting in and they're gonna go and see who they can find! There's gonna be 7 companionships (including us) tracting out Fayetteville that day. So we're BOUND to find someone :) Haha. It's gonna be a lot of fun, I think! I feel super blessed to have a district that is willing to do this with us! They're all awesome. 

Anddd that's all I have for y'all this week! I hope you all had a great week and I hope you have the best week ever until the next! I love you all so much! Remember the church is true and God is good. And do all the missionary work that you can! Share the gospel with everyone! We have such a great knowledge that the Lord's church has been restored and we need to share that with as many people as the Lord puts in our path. So...everyone ha ;) I promise you that it will be worth it! And as you share your testimony, your testimony grows exponentially. It's a win win situation ;) Just do it! 

Keep smiling. I love y'all.

MUCH LOVE,
Sister Blumel
xoxoxo <3

Sister Blumel

Temple cookies that the Ft. Bragg ward
mission leader's wife made for us

Sisters Blumel & Peterson with the Horn Family

Sister Blumel in her room

We made cakes with one of the less actives in Fay 3.
And she helped us decorate them.....well there was like
 a 2inch thick layer of icing all around the cake it was sorta
disgusting hahaha. So I took all the icing and put it on top
 of the cake....andddd it looked like a cupcake bahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment