Monday, June 08, 2015

Week #29 - 2015 Jun 08 - Opposition In ALL Things

Heyya! 

So this week was one of the more rougher weeks on the mission. (Is rougher even a word? Ha...I don't even know. Hopefully that makes sense....) It was slower than last week and no one seems like they want to hear from us. It's fantastic! Ha not!!! 

To follow up with my report last week. We were able to stop by Irma and Rachel again (the ones we gave cookies to last week). We had a good convo with Irma and I just straight up asked her if she would be interested in learning more about what we're all about and she very stubbornly said, no. I'm happy with my church. And I'm like I'm so glad that you are! We're just asking if you want to further your knowledge about God. Anddd then she started talking about men or something I can't even remember. But this woman, who is EIGHTY ONE years old talks about men ALL THE TIME. Oh my goodness. She's like, most of my neighbors are men, and they always talk to me. And all the ladies around here are jealous of me. And then she gives this smug smile hahaha what the...? Basically we tried our best to steer the conversation to gospel related things, but she would always turn it away to the most random things. So yeah. I don't see a whole lot of potential there.... But yeah. We bore testimony of the Book of Mormon and told her the promised blessings that it brings. So we did what we could and now the ball is in her court. She has our number and we made it very clear that if she wants to learn more she has to call us. 
And then! We stopped by Rachel's (the 82 year old woman) and we didn't get to talk to her at all. She ran away from us. And by running away I mean she slowly walked away because she can't walk very good...but we didn't think it would be a good activity if we chased after her.....we respected her agency. And plus. She was with her daughter or some other woman and that woman was like, "Rachel doesn't want to talk today." And we're like alright we'll come back another day! And they're like yeah, whatever. Hahaha so that was fun....I don't know if there's any potential there either. 

We did have a great lesson with one of the inactive sisters in Ft. Bragg though! We were able to teach her the Plan of Salvation and she was like, wow! I don't remember being taught this at all! (She was baptized a few years ago and she says that she doesn't think that she was in the right place to be baptized and she doesn't remember anything that she was taught.) And she kept saying over and over again how this plan brought so much peace to her mind. She's like it's so full of hope! How can you not believe this?! And then she's like, do you teach people this? The people you meet on the streets....do you go over this with them?! And we're like yeah we do! And she's like wow, how can you learn about this and not choose to believe it? This is the perfect plan! And it is so full of hope and love and everything. And she's so right! The Lord's plan of happiness is truly full of His love. The Plan of Salvation is definitely my favourite lesson that we get to teach people :) There's always a special spirit that comes with it. It's the best. 

That's about all that happened this week. OH WAIT. Yesterday in testimony meeting in the Fayetteville 3rd ward, Sister Hill (she's a military relations missionary with her husband here) called them all to repentance about not doing member missionary work. And then we got a couple referrals out of it. So thank you Sister Hill! Haha it was such a bold testimony, but it got the people listening! So maybe we'll actually have people to teach soon :) 

We have a great week ahead of us. Lots planned and lots of work to do. So hopefully we see a lot more success this week. I just gotta remember that without the tough weeks, we wouldn't appreciate the great weeks as fully! So all is well. Life goes on and the work is continuing to hasten! 

I love you all and I hope you have a great week. Take Care!!

Much Love,
Sister Amy Blumel
xoxoxo <3


HOLD UP!

I totally forgot to mention this!......

MERCEDES GOT BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY! 

Do y'all remember her? We were teaching her and she was the super golden investigator that we had and then we had to pass her on to the other sisters? She's always smiling and she recognized the spirit super early and all of that? Anywho...if you don't remember her, go back to like February/March-ish and you'll remember her haha I'm pretty sure I talked about her a lot. Cause she was just so great! Haha. But yes. I do remember saying that "I know she's getting baptized...it's just a matter of when" AND SATURDAY WAS THE WHEN! And her daughter, Marisol got baptized too! Yeah! And because she's still "technically" in our area (we're over the YSA which covers 2 stakes....so it's practically impossible to go out of our area) we were able to go! It was awesome!! :D 

So yeah. That was my exciting moment of the week! I love Mercedes so much and she was just shining so bright that day :) Ahh I love this gospel <3

Mercedes, Sister Blumel, Marisol (Mercedes daughter)


Andi, Mercedes, Sister Blumel, Marisol

Sister Peterson, Mercedes, Marisol, Sister Blumel



No comments:

Post a Comment