Monday, March 09, 2015

Week #16 - 2015 Mar 09 - Another week another dollar! Except for just another week...cuz we don't get paid. Hahah :)

HEY!!!!

So this week has been super duper BUSY. Oh my word. It's been insane. Like so much happened last week it didn't feel like just one week...it felt like 4. When I think about last week I think it happened like forever ago and then I remember...oh. It really was just last week. hahah. But enough rambling. It was a good week. 

On Monday we were driving home from whatever we were doing (I think we just went grocery shopping), and there was a dead squirrel on the side of the road and it was beautiful and full and there was no blood ahah it was great. Now I don't know if you remember this but Sister Olson's and I Plan A had something to do with a dead animal. So I took some grocery bags from the back and I picked that sucker up! Hahaha. It was ridiculous. And then when we got back to the apartment, we first put it into a bucket with a lid and then I was like 'mmm, maybe not. that's gonna smell bad soon' soo then we decided to put it in the freezer....Yeah that happened. And yes, we had a dead squirrel just chillin in our freezer (Ha...literally...did you see what I did there? HA i'm hilarious.). We left it in there for a few hours because we had to go teach some people about Jesus. Ya know...missionary work and things. But meanwhile we were trying to think of a way that we could prank the elders without getting the other elders involved (because they didn't give us credit for the last prank we did). So long story short, we took the frozen dead squirrel out of the freezer and we put it under their car. Behind their back tire, in the hopes that while they were backing out to leave the next morning, they would squish it and there would be dead squirrel guts all over the road. Hahah. Yes we're ridiculous. But fun needs to happen on the mission or else you go crazy. But yeah, it didn't end up working. Because apparently there's a lot of dogs in the area and we're thinking that a dog took it because we drove by to see if it worked and there was no squirrel guts or anything anywhere...it was clean. So we asked the elders where they put it and they had no idea what we were talking about ---so that was awkward. Haha. But they thought we were pretty awesome for attempting it. So that happened! Hahaha lol. 

Onto the more spiritual things that were able to happen this week. Well we were able to teach Mercedes (our YSA investigator) and it went awesome. She is amazing. The last couple times we've taught her she's just expressed to us the desire that she has to feel 'full' and she's noticed how happy all the families look at church. And that's what she wants. She wants to feel that happiness and joy that she sees in others. And we're like yesss! The gospel can bring you exactly that! :) It was really good. And yesterday we were able to teach her about the holy ghost and the feelings that you get when the spirit is there. And she was like I feel this warmth and peace a lot, especially when I'm here at the church and during the lessons, but I do feel it a lot, and I didn't know that was the spirit until now! She said it a lot better than that, but it was amazing to hear her say that. Now that she's able to recognize the spirit, she'll progress even further. Although she is already reading the Book of Mormon every day and praying all the time and coming to church every week. She's on the right path! Ahh it's so exciting to see the progress in the people that we get to work with. Just the glow that comes off of her is inspiring and a testimony builder. The church is true, the spirit is real, and this gospel has the effect to change lives :)  Don't forget that! Mercedes is such a sweetheart and so ready for gospel. Heavenly Father prepared her so much for this church and I'm excited and so grateful to be a part of her story :) 

During this past week I have developed the perfect study routine! Haha well not perfect...but it's pretty dang good. So I read a chapter of the Book of Mormon first and then I read and interpret 3 verses of the Isaiah chapters in 2 Nephi and then I read a chapter out of the New Testament. So far it's working out fantastically. :) I really want to get to know the bible more. (Especially because the bible is such a big thing down here.) So I'm trying to get the most out of it. I'm also using that card you got me, mama, the one that has a reading schedule for the New Testament. So it'll be good. I'm excited to study Christ's life. I'm only in Matthew 6 right now, but my testimony on the Saviour is already growing like crazy. I am so grateful for Him and everything that He was able to accomplish on this earth, especially the Atonement. Without the Atonement I would not be where I am right now. I have such a strong testimony of that - I know without a shadow of a doubt that the Atonement is real. It has the power to {and it will} change your life if you let it. 

I love you all! Y'all are the best. I hope you're doing well and loving life :) Remember, you all have SO much potential and I LOVE YOU a ton, no matter what!

Take care, be safe, and SMILE!

MUCH LOVE,

Sister Blumel xoxox




The dead squirrel

The dead squirrel in the freezer

Strategically placed behind the Elders car

The job is done!

Sister Webb and Sister Blumel

No comments:

Post a Comment