Monday, February 09, 2015

Week #12 - 2015 Feb 09

HEY. 

So time's flying. It feels like I just wrote y'all like yesterday. Crazy. Haha so remember that one time where I didn't use punctuation or anything...hahah that lasted a week. Turns out my ocd got the best of me andddd I couldn't handle it. Hahaha. 

Anywho! This week was good! On Tuesday we met with President for interviews. And GOOD NEWS! I'm staying in the area! There was a rumor going around that they were combining the areas and I was going to get transferred and the other sisters were going to be covering Ft. Bragg and the YSA branch AS WELL AS their own ward. But! Plot twist! President told me that I would be staying with one of the other sisters and then her comp is getting transferred. He said he's doing it this way because I know Ft. Bragg and the YSA Branch and Sister Webb knows Fayetteville 3. So bam! I get to stay! So exciting! It's going to be so crazy though because we'll be covering all 3 areas and, and, ANDDD on top of that, we're going to be Sister Leaders. President also mentioned that when we were talking. So I'm going to be a Sister Leader next transfer. There's going to be a lot on my plate, we're going to be so super crazy busy, but I'm really excited. It'll be so good. :) But other than that news, my interview with President was really good. We talked a lot about overcoming weaknesses and using trials to become stronger. I love him and his wife a lot. I feel super blessed that they're my mission parents!! :) Buttt, they're only here until the end of June/beginning of July, so we'll be getting a new mission President in a few months. So hopefully they're just as great! I don't have any worries that they won't be though. :) President Bernhisel actually went to school with the new mission President! Haha so they go way back I guess! It's pretty fun. :) It'll be good! 

We were able to teach the first lesson (the Restoration!!!) to one of our new investigators, Mercedes! It went really well. The spirit was really strong. She's like a golden investigator aha. She says yes to everything that we ask her to do. AND her boyfriend, who's a member, reads the Book of Mormon with her and they read conference talks and watch mormon messages and all that. That's what they do for fun ahah. So that's really great! We know this because we went over to teach her and there was an Ensign, conference talks printed out, and a couple Books of Mormon/Book of Mormons (not sure what BoM is plural....ahaha) on their table right in plain view. Haha so I don't if they were all like "oh the sisters are coming, let's make it look like we're doing what we're supposed to!!!' or if it's for real. I'm thinking it's for real ahaha. Butttt! Whatever the case, Mercedes is the bomb. She's so amazing. I already love her a lot. Oh yeah! I invited her to be baptized on March 7th and she said yes! So i'll keep you posted on that! But I'm really confident that it will happen. She's totally prepared for the gospel in her life. 
As a missionary you meet people and you just know that they were being prepared by the Lord to have the gospel in their lives like wayyy before we even meet them, let alone teach them. It's amazing to see the Lord's hand in everything we do. That's definitely such a great part about being a missionary. 

Sister Olson and I have gotten super close this transfer and I'm gonna miss her when she leaves. She goes home in a couple weeks. It's gonna be weird without her! I feel really blessed that she's been my trainer. We get along realllyyyy well. And this transfer has been really good for the both of us. We've had a lot of fun together and we work really hard. We found that balance between work and fun that I think all companionships need. Our motto is "If you're not having fun on your mission, you're doing it wrong!" Haha. But for reals, we've become super good friends. BFFs man! Haha it's been good. That's my tender mercy for this past week because we've had so many laughs and good times. It's the greatest haha. She's seriously the best. :) 

Shout-out to Matt! Thanks for the letter bud! Made my day :) I'll reply as soon as I can. Love you! 

But anyway, mission life is so great! It's so hard, but it's SOOOO worth it. I'm so grateful I have this opportunity to serve the Lord! :)

I think that's all I have for you this week, but hey! I love you all so much and I hope this next week is even better than last week. Y'all are the greatest. Remember who you are and what you stand for as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! :D

Much love,

Sister Blumel

1 comment: