Monday, May 23, 2016

Week #79 - 2016 May 23 - 552 days down, 2 more to go!

HEY FOLKS.

Soooo, today's the day. The LAST email day. What the wut? How did this even happen? Idk. I'm confused....but excited....and terrified? Literally I feel EVERY emotion and it's all just bottled up inside one human. Just pray that I don't go crazy....haha. 

Alright so we don't have TOO much time...which is okay....because like I'm gonna see a lot of you this upcoming week...WUT. So I'll just give you some highlights like last week. 

> First things first, KEN GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Literally the best day ever. Oh my goodness gracious. I am BEYOND grateful that I was able to witness that amazing step that he was able to take. He was literally glowing. I just love him so much! He stood up after the talk on the Holy Ghost and he said a few words and it made my heart so full. He is so grateful for the church in his life and wow, I'm just so grateful I got to be a part of this amazing journey that he's been on :) It was the best day ever. 

> And! Makaylah and Allison (our little 9 and 10 year old investigators) got baptized as well this weekend! Last weekend in the mission? 3 baptisms? Sounds good to me! #killinit #baptizingraleigh ;) Hahaha jks. Totally the work of the Lord I'm telling ya. I just got super blessed to be able to be here for it. But their baptism was awesome as well! So many people were there! It was a full house! It was great :D

> Elder Zwick, from the seventy, came out and talked to us! We had a devotional with all the ward councils in the Northern part of NC on Wednesday night and he talked about member missionary work the whole time. I'm going to be the best member missionary ever! It's happening. And then on Friday, we had a zone conference with him. So all the missionaries in the Northern Zones were able to have the chance to hear from Elder Zwick and it was THE BEST. I needed to hear everything that he said and it was SUCH an AMAZING conference. He's an inspired man! It was awesome. 

> Fun fact! At the Zone Conference i got to see all my companions that are still on the mission again! Such a tender mercy. I love all of them so so much. <3 So grateful for every one of them and all the things that they were able to teach me. They helped me become who I am today and I couldn't be more thankful. 

> Oh! We went on exchanges and I got to be with my Baby Peterson one more time. Wow that was much needed. We have too much fun together...but like we work REALLY good together too. Still got that companion unity! Yassss. :D It was good! 

> At Makaylah and Allison's baptism Sister Scribner was able to be there (because her comp helped teach the girls and got permission to come) and wow....I needed to see her one more time. I just love her so much!!!! Definitely cried when we said bye....which is saying something cuz like I don't ever cry. Dang...i've just turned into a waterfall the last 48 hours hahaha...and it'll continue for the next 48+ hours! Oh well. I love my Baby Scrib soooooooo freaking much!!!! <3 <3 <3

And that's about it!!!! I was gonna add up all the days I've been out and then the days I have left....but like I didn't have time and I still don't have time. So you can just pretend that I did haha :) 

I love you all so much! And I'm excited to see all of you soon!!!! Crazy! Doesn't feel real yet. Haha but anywho. Just know that I know the church is true. The mission has changed my life. Literally. The NCRM has changed me. Into a much better, much cooler version of Amy ;) (man first names are tricky....hahahaha #missionprobs) But that's okay...you'll like her too ;) hahaha. But I'm still goofy. Sooo there's that!  Now I'm rambling. Basically just know that I'm grateful for the mission. I don't know where I'd be without it. 

Well, keep reading, keep praying, keep going to church. You know all that good stuff. I LOVE YOU. MISS YOU SEE YOU SOON. 

MUCH LOVE,
Sister Amy Blumel
xoxoxo <3

PS - I decided to actually do the math for the amount of days I've been out :) it was really fast...so I hope I did it right...it'd be way awkward if I was wrong lolol. Oh well! Hoorah! 

Ken's Baptism

Ken's Baptism

This is Verlinda, our recent convert. She's such a sweetheart :) 

This is Sister Cox! The best member in R2 <3 She's the one that
had us over on Mother's Day and made us those blankets <3

Exchanges with Baby Peterson!

We found daisies! So I sat on the ground and took a selfie with a
plate that we were giving back to the member...hahah. Yep that's me!

The Clawson's! Bro Clawson is the R1 Ward Mission Leaders and
he's the best one I've had. And the Clawson family is just the sweetest!

Anddd the Brown's! Also a wonderful family from R1.
Bro Brown is a fellow Canadian!!! :) I love them a ton!


Makaylah and Allison at their baptism! (Sorry it's a little blurry...)


Me and Baby Scrib <3

Baby Scrib and I againnnnn because this one's cute :)

i don't even know....haha that was my bouquet of flowers
I picked for my own dying picture (to come soon....)

oh here it is! The death picture. It's tradition in the mission to get a "funeral"
picture for the "dying" missionaries and it was my time to do it.....and we
got the whole zone in on it! BEST! (usually it's just the district) #WINNER!

President & Sister James and I

No comments:

Post a Comment