Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Week #24 - 2015 May 04 - I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.

Hey y'all! 

This week was SO GOOD. Wowza! I don't even know where to start haha. This may be out of chronological order...but ah well!

On Saturday we were able to finally contact a referral we received from church headquarters. We've tried a couple times before that but she was never home. Howeva! She was home on Saturday and we were able to meet her! AND! We have a return appointment with her this next Saturday. Anywho, it went something like this. 

*she opens the door*
Me: Hey, we're the sister missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and we're going around sharing uplifting messages about Jesus Christ. 
Her: Oh, I actually just got back from church!
Me: Oh really? That's so great! What church do you go to?
Her: Hope, Love, and Faith. 
Me: That sounds wonderful!
Her: It is. I love it!
Me: What do you love about it?
Her: Just everything! 
Me: *noticing that she has a phone in her hands and she looks like she's in a hurry to get back to it* Wow that's amazing. We would love to come back and get to know you better. Would that be okay?
Her: Yeah of course! When are you usually in this area?
Me: A couple times a week. We'll be back next Saturday around this time if that works for you?
Her: Yep! We'll see you then! 
*She shuts the door*
Us: *freaking out inside cause it went sooo great!*

Her name is Ann and she is such a sweetheart. We're excited to go back and get to know her better. 

Then only a few minutes after we contacted her, we were going to do some stop bys and then when we were at the light waiting for it to turn green so we could turn, we noticed this homeless man across the street. So we decided to change our course of action and go contact him. He started walking away before the light turned green, but once it did turn we hurried (safely...don't worry!) and parked and just barely reached him in the nick of time. We told him we were the sister missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and that we're going around sharing uplifting messages centered on Christ. And he replies with, oh I know all about Him. So I ask, what do you know about Him? And then this man says, "He always provides." And that's all he said. But it hit me so hard. This man has nothing but a backpack with a few things in it. And he says that the Savior always provides for him. Wow. It was really humbling. And then Sister Peterson offered him a Book of Mormon and he accepted it. It was a really neat experience and I'm so glad we listened to the Spirit and contacted him.  It was a super short contact and we didn't get a return appointment, but it was still such an amazing experience. 

Also, on Saturday we were at the church with the YSA cleaning the building as a part of their service project for the month. (The YSA does a "feasting on service" on the first saturday of the month. Last month we helped Mercedes with her yard work - I wrote about that. It's a really great thing that they do!) And then this 2 ladies come up to us and they're like "sisters! hey!" And when people do this, you just know that you're getting an assignment...hahah. And! Sure enough, they say that they have this stake activity day girl thing and they have a whole bunch of stations set up. And the people that were supposed to be in charge of missionary service weren't able to come. So they asked if we could fill in. And so of course, we have to say yes hahaha. Gotta love being a missionary! Hehe it's great. Anyway, so we're like yes, of course! That's our specialty ;) haha. And so we quickly run to the store and buy a whole bunch of starbursts. And then we go and teach the class. We got the candy because as the girls were coming in and as we were doing introductions, Sister Peterson and I would just be sitting there eating the candy without offering it to them. And slowly but surely the girls would eye at it or ask us why we were eating them. And once we noticed them doing that we turned to each other and we were like "Wow! These are so good! I just love starbursts. They're one of my favourites." So just like making a big deal out of it and then the girls would be like! Hey! I want one! And we'd be like oh wait. You want one? Are you sure? I'm not gonna offend you or hurt your feelings if I offer you one? We thought that if we offered you a candy, you'd be sad. Haha and then they'd be like no! IT would actually make us happy! Haha. It was so funny. But anywho, we related that to missionary work and how we have something so amazing and so great that we should just be sharing it with everyone! It'll make them happy! And so for 2 hours straight we were able to teach about the blessings of missionary work and bear our testimony of it. It was fantastic. I loved it. :D Missionary work is the best work! It's THE LORD'S WORK! 

OH! Yeah. So we were on a walk in the morning. And ever since our last prank failed we've been looking for a dead squirrel to try it again. And then all of a sudden, Sister Peterson is like "there's your dead squirrel that you've been looking for for the past few weeks" and I'm like no way. So I inspect it and sure enough, it's up to standard. (Hahaha) And then I'm like awe man I didn't bring anything to pick it up with. So we just continue walking and then when we turn around to start walking home, I'm still thinking about how I can get this squirrel from point A to point B without touching it. Haha there's water bottles all over the road so I'm like maybe we can figure out a way to get it in there. (ridiculous I know...hahah i was getting desperate) AND THEN! Out of the corner of my eye, I see this blue thing. So I look at it and it's an ENTIRE ROLL of dog bags. (you know the ones you pick up poop with. ha.) And I'm like Sister Peterson. You won't believe this. And I show her. And she's like no way. You have to be kidding me. It's like it was meant to be. Hahahah so we take a bag over, put the squirrel in it and it fits PERFECTLY. So we run it over to the elder's apartment and just dump it on their front step. Ha. It was fantastic. Haha. 
And then during personal studies, all was well. We had the window open because it was a nice day. And then all of a sudden we hear this loud thud and it scares the bejeebies out of us because it sounds like someone tried to get into the apartment, and then we hear a car door slam and a car zoom off. And we both look out the window and look at each other and say "...the elders." At the exact same time. So we run down stairs and sure enough. They threw the squirrel at our door. Now there's squirrel blood on our door. It's disgusting. Haha. But good on them for actually getting us back for once ;) hahaha. We have some good plans to get them back. Because they obviously just declared war. I'll keep you posted. ;) 

Andddd, that's about all I got for ya this week! (Just realized how long this email got...hahaha) Can I just mention how FLIPPIN EXCITED I AM TO SEE YOU ALL NEXT SUNDAY?!?!?! I'M SO STOKED! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Just remember, y'all are the best. And I love you all more than anything. I miss you a ton. But I know you're being taken care of. God is good. The Church is True. And you are loved. 

Have a greeeeat week! See you on Mother's day!! :D

MUCH LOVE,
Sister Blumel

xoxoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment